Register Now for the 2017 River Rat Race Parade!
The parade kicks off immediately following the Big Cheese 5K Race (Approximately 9:30am) on April 8th 2017.
As in past years, members of the Athol Fire Department will be along the lineup route with radios to wrangle people into position. Please follow their instructions.
1. The parade starts on School Street around Our Lady Immaculate Church. It proceeds down the hill to Main Street, turns left at the Library then proceeds to Lord Pond Plaza where the carnival is.
2. School Street will be closed to regular traffic at approximately 8:00AM.
If you have a vehicle/float in the parade, you have access.
If you are dropping off marchers please do that at the CCD center off Main Street. Do NOT attempt to drive on School Street to do that. You can also drop off marchers at the Congress Street side of Riverbend School if that is closer to your lineup position. Congress Street is to the right of the school as you face it.
3. The parade lineup will begin at 8:15AM. All participants are asked to arrive then. Sure, it’ll be a little crazy for a while but that’s what River Rat is all about. Be kind and follow the AFD’s instructions. You will find your division, position and where to proceed to get into place on the next page.
4. It’s important to stay “bunched up” once you’re in position. You can spread out to a comfortable distance within your group once the parade begins to move.
5. The parade will step off (begin) at 9:30AM. If everyone that registered to participate shows up, we estimate it will last about 60-75 minutes.
6. Long range forecasts predict a temperature of 48 degrees with overcast skies. There is currently no rain in the forecast but we all know that could change. Please dress accordingly.
7. Above all, HAVE A GOOD TIME!
Please be in control of your vehicle(s) at all times.
If you are marching, please be aware of the vehicles that may be behind you in the parade.
NO ONE MAY THROW OR LAUNCH ANYTHING AT ANYTIME TO THE CROWD. This includes candy, trinkets, tee shirts etc. You may HAND OUT items. Throwing items results in children running onto the parade route and has resulted in injury. Please follow this rule.
Please follow the instructions of all emergency personal on site.
FINAL LINEUP 2017 RIVER RAT PROMENADE
Division 1[at Our Lady Immaculate Church]
Athol Police Cruiser
Amercian Legion Post 102 Colorguard
Salvadore Automotive Group w/Grand Marshall
Cindy Jack, Lisa Osborne, Deb Vescovi of Athol
Savings Bank Celebrating 150 Years
Athol Savings Bank Team with the cast of Grease
MA State Rep Susannah Whipps
State Senator Ann Gobi
Athol Board of Selectmen & Town Manager
Orange Board of Selectmen
Athol Royalston Education Fund
Athol Royalston School Committee
Athol High School Marching Band
Division 2[behind division 1]
Girls Camp Wiyaka Alumni
Adams Animal Hospital
Friends of NQ Dog Park
360 Massachusetts/ Don Flye
Division 3[School Street at Riverbend Street]
Orange Community Band
North Quabbin Community Coalition
Girl Scouts-North Quabbin Service
Subway of Athol
Athol Mahar Youth Sports
Athol Lion’s Club
Athol Area YMCA
Cubscouts Pack 40 Orange
Division 4[Park Ave between School Street and Allen Street]
Phillipston Animal Control
Millers River Watershed Council
Orange and Athol Farmers Markets
7th Tennessee Co.D Liberty Greys
Division 5[Allen Street between Park Ave and into Riverbend School parking area]
Athol-Orange Eagles Riders & Rolling Thunder
Carb’s Hot Rod Club
Boiler Bar and Grill/Nana’s Country Store
Massachusetts Military History Expo
Dale’s Auto Body & Towing
North Quabbin Regional Animal Control
[ALL LATE ENTRIES SHOULD LINE UP HERE]
Division 6[School Street from Park Ave towards Main Street]
Bear Country 95.3
A&E Property Maintenance
Wright’s Welding Race Team
Division 7[behind division 6]
New Salem Fire
Petersham Police Cruiser
To register for this year’s parade please fill out the form below.
For more information regarding the 2017 River Rat Race visit riverratrace.com.