The Benefits of Membership
Membership brings credibility to your business.
You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of the chamber of commerce.
Create new networking opportunities.
The chamber has numerous committees and serving on one of them provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You can build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
Attend Chamber events and programs.
Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors—and generate new business leads
Increase your visibility in the community.
As a new member of the chamber of commerce, you will be listed in both the chamber quarterly newsletter and our digital newsletter, on the chamber’s interactive website, on chamber social media like Facebook and Twitter and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other chamber publications. You also can grow your business by advertising with the chamber and sponsoring events. The chamber can also promote your grand opening/ribbon-cutting ceremony and assist with any public relations efforts.
Make business contacts.
The chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
Acquire customer referrals.
Every day the chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors and are referred to member businesses, and, chamber members typically recommend chamber members.
Gain a voice in government.
The chamber takes on the tough issues and opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses. It also helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
Receive new chamber newsletters.
Newsletters provide new member information, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local community, a community calendar and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things.
Promotion and publicity.
With a chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
Health Insurance Program
The Chamber offers health insurance coverage review and guidance through Solid Benefits Group. Mary-Ellen will come to you, review your current plans and make recommendations that can help you save thousands of dollars with no obligations. Solid Benefits is a North Quabbin Chamber member. Their main offices are located at Two Shaker Road, Suite B220, Shirley MA 01464. Mary-Ellen can be reached by calling 978-425-5582 for the office, 978-302-5006 by cell or by emailing at email@example.com. Members may also call the Chamber to schedule an appointment.
Business After Hours
Our Business After Hours events help you connect with other business owners and the public. We help you coordinate the event at your store or office, promote it through our interactive website, social media, print and radio ads as well as send out an invitation campaign to our ever-growing digital subscription service. The definitive networking event, Business After Hours puts people at your door, generates real prospects and improves your visibility on the spot with quantifiable results.
For a prosperous economic region it’s important to have the support and involvement of each and every member of the area’s legislative team. The Chamber offers and invites local, state and federal legislators to address member’s concerns and needs and provide direct access to government for their voice. The Legislative Lunch schedule is fluid, providing us the opportunity to invite lawmakers to address the membership about topical issues as they are playing out so that we may help to influence and guide legislation to benefit our region.
B2B (Business to Business)
Our B2B events, events help you connect with other business owners and organizations. Limited to members only, these events can range from a purely social gathering to brainstorming sessions on how to improve your immediate or greater marketing area. We help you coordinate the event at your store or office, promote it to Chamber members through our interactive members-only calendar, targeted social media and send out an invitation campaign to our members only digital list.
Our Workshops are another opportunity for members to get valuable business tips and education, network and develop business relationships for generating referrals. The Workshops feature informative speakers on topics that can help your business such as social media marketing, accounting, tax law, workforce training, grants and loans, and business plan creation. Join us for this monthly event at a rotating member location. If you have a suggestion for a workshop topic, call us and we’ll get it on the schedule!
- Promotional Services
- Research and Data Resources
- Advocacy and Representation
- Workforce Development
- Referral Services
- Member Discounts
- Economic Development
- All Chamber members are listed on our online, searchable business directory via our interactive website.
- Your business events can be posted in our weekly digital newsletters.
- A variety of low-cost advertising/promotional opportunities are available in print, online and radio.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies for your Grand Opening, new location, change of ownership and significant anniversary events. The Chamber publicizes, helps coordinate and attends your ceremony. Press releases and online invitation campaigns are included.
- Inclusion in our upcoming digital guidebook available as a mobile app for smartphones and tablets.
- Participation in the Chamber’s Gift Certificate Program ensures that shoppers buy local.
- A weekly e-newsletter that reaches 19,000 and growing.
- Multiple web and social media pages with high hits
- The Chamber staff can assist you in making the right contacts to get the information you need from local, regional, state and federal governments.
- We provide access to valuable demographic data that can help your new or existing business achieve success in marketing and product/services design.
- The Chamber holds more data regarding the eleven town North Quabbin region than any other entity; call us first with your questions.
- The Chamber works tirelessly on economic development and regional planning issues through participation with EDICs, Regional Planning Groups, Sec. of Economic Development and many others
- We maintain close contact with the area’s elected officials including Boards of Selectmen, building and health inspectors and State and US Representatives and Senators.
- The Chamber meets regularly with other Chamber heads from around the greater region to discuss major issues affecting the business community and tourism and to participate in formulating action plans to address them.
The Chamber regularly participates in programs administered by our local Community Colleges and state and regional agencies to help develop and implement practical methods to train and prepare tomorrow’s workforce. We also help you tap in to services and grants offered by several of these groups and arrange instructional meetings and seminars designed to help you access workforce training funds for your own business.
Enjoy free referrals to your business. The Chamber receives phone calls, emails and in-person requests from the public all the time asking for recommendations. We refer them only to Chamber members.
Enjoy special Member Only discounts and gift certificates on products and services with participating businesses.
The Chamber of Commerce plays a strong role in economic development throughout the region. We regularly interact, coordinate with and submit project proposals to many local, state and federal agencies including but not limited to the Massachusetts Office of Business Development, Massachu-setts Office of Travel and Tourism, Mass DOT, Federal DOT, multiple EDIC’s, FRCOG, MRPC, FCCDC, FHREB and many more. The Chamber holds a seat on many local and state boards including the Franklin Regional County of Govern-ments and the Athol and Orange Economic Development Industrial Corporations among others. The creation of Eco-nomic Target and Opportunity Areas, TIFF programming and Workforce Development Training Funds are all processes that the Chamber participates in.
We'd Love to Have You Join Our Community Team
We’re here to help the region’s businesses grow and succeed by offering high value services like networking, marketing, strategic economic planning and tourism development.
Let us help your business.